Monday 30 September 2013

Final Magazine Proposal

Final Magazine Proposal
The genre of my magazine will be indie alternative, adhering to the results of my survey as the majority voted for this particular genre. The title of my magazine will be called ‘White Stripes’ named after a popular indie band itself, naming a magazine after something familiar that the indie genre audience knows will allow them to acknowledge, from solely the title, that it is an indie alternative magazine. My ideal target audience will be of the ages 16-24 of the female gender who will be in current education in either college or university. My magazine will be published monthly to keep to a manageable budget that students can afford at a price of £2.
I have decided to create my magazine as the audience I am targeting does not have a wide range of indie alternative magazines for females to chose from as it is a niche genre; by having a niche magazine I will attract regular customers who will chose my magazine to purchase constituently as there is not another magazine that offers similar contents. I have composed an outline of a possible double page spread which will focus on a new up and coming band in the music world of indie alternative, that way my magazine will not only give my audience news on already existing bands but also new bands that that are the future for indie alternative. My contents page will strict to the main house style of toned down blue, lilac and white colours to show a professional consistency; it will include a brief introduction to what will be on each page for example; ‘page 16: interview with one of indie’s fave artist Florence Welch’.
In order to attract my target audience I will use familiar language to their age group so it is easily comprehended by them and to show my magazine is specifically aimed at that particular age group. I will publish written links for social networking sites that are about my magazine as a means to include cross media in my brand to attract an even larger audience.

My magazine will be glossy as due to teenagers and young adults they tend to be messy, so if they spill drink when ready the magazine it will not damage the print as badly than if it was made from a newspaper material. 

No comments:

Post a Comment